May Course Update from the Greens Team
Good Afternoon Dear Member
I hope you and your families are safe and well as we hopefully start moving towards some easing of the lockdown restrictions of the past few weeks. Hopefully you’ve either had your first taste of a return to golf at Baildon or have planned your first game for this weekend and can again start to enjoy the pleasures and benefits the game can provide.
Just a quick update to ask for your understanding and patience regarding the thickness of some sections of the course which fall outside of the routinely cut areas such as fairways, greens and tees.
The rough cutting machine has recently been sent in for repair and, due to lockdown restrictions on many industries combined with the timing of the government announcement allowing the return to golf - we have not yet had the machine returned. The repairs are completed but deliveries are currently some way behind schedule – this has meant that the rough has not received the attention it would usually be given at this time of year, when noticeable growth begins. We are advised and hope the machine is expected back within the next week.
Please rest assured that as soon as the essential machinery is back there will be a sustained period of rough cutting which is planned to continue throughout the season. The greens staff will also see the addition of Ian and Alex who will assist the work being carried out by John and Simon in preparing the course to its best possible condition. The greens team will then be in position to progress both immediate and longer-term priorities of the course in order to meet the needs of its members.
B.G.C Greens Team
Senior Open - COVID-19 Response
Unfortunately the seniors open has had to be cancelled.
Apologies to all those affected, we hope that you and your loved ones are keeping safe.
COVID-19 Advice whilst playing golf at Baildon
Just a quick update on how we can proceed on golf competitions as requested by the English Golfing Union to eliminate the risk of spreading the virus
- Please all follow the Government's advice to wash your hands as you enter and leave the clubhouse
- Vulnerable people and people who think they have the virus should stay away from the club until further notice
- Change golf shoes in the car park
- No cash transactions over the bar and when booking on
- Golfers to stay 2m apart if possible when playing
- Play golf in small groups , three maximum
- Leave the flag in the hole at all times
- Handshakes should be avoided
- Bunkers are GUR as rakes have been removed
- Scorecard Machine will not be in use
- Competition fees will be taken from your card
- Use scorecards and mark your playing partners score on the card you have, do not swap cards to sign you only need one signature
- Put the completed score cards in the box
Junior Academy Golf Launch Event
Unfortunately, the relaunch of the Junior Academy will NOT now take place on 29/3. We will have another event as soon as we are able to. We look forward to welcoming you, as soon as social restrictions caused by the coronavirus have been lifted.
Improving the area around the clubhouse
Sponsor Advertising Opportunity
Want to get your company's message out to a wider audience?
Why not contact us about our new opportunity to sponsor our main course information board and reach a new potential audience.
[920mm x 190mm digitally printed aluminium advert space]
Contact the Secretary on 01274 584266 or email email@example.com